The SADC actively participates in the development of communities. It initiates, organizes and supports activities and projects that will help communities meet their individual and collective socio-economic needs, now and in the future. The SADC advocates local development through this action :
- Launch projects that help communities develop in terms of tourism, culture, health, community services, education, etc.;
- Sit on various committees, round tables and boards of directors to allow the SADC to share its expertise;
- Foster an interest in entrepreneurship, especially among young people, using promotional and information campaigns;
- Get involved with and take part in development projects initiated by other community service organizations;
- Hold training sessions, conferences and seminars to broadly publicize our expertise to entrepreneurs and project promoters;
- Establish business development support measures, such as mentoring.
Financial assistance offered to support the provision of awareness, facilitation, networking, consulting and coaching services to encourage sustainable economic development in the communities.
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions :
The projects submitted must take place in the region covered by the SADC Côte-Nord, that is, between Rivière-Pentecôte and Blanc-Sablon, including Anticosti Island and Schefferville.
– All projects submitted must be directly associated with economic development and must be involved in one of the following priority niches for development:
- Entrepreneurship (awareness-building, promotional efforts, development);
- Interregional tourism;
- The biofood industry;
- The fisheries industry;
- The development of Anglophone and Aboriginal communities.
– Only one (1) type of requests will be accepted, namely, requests for non-refundable contributions :
- Non-refundable contribution :
The SADC Côte-Nord cannot make the payment directly to the project promoter. The applicant organization must submit an invoice addressed directly to the SADC Côte-Nord either for professional fees or from a supplier in the amount entered in the letter of offer. Please note that a tender from the said supplier is needed to complete the Contribution Request Form.
– The SADC Côte-Nord will favour projects having obtained financial support from other community or industry partners.
– Each organization receiving local development funds will be held to completing a follow-up form provided by the SADC Côte-Nord at the end of each event.
Owing to the financial constraints of this assistance program, the SADC Côte-Nord reserves the right to refuse any request for funding, including requests that meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.